For brave young change makers who make the world a better place. Brought to you by Service Civil International Switzerland
30 OCTOBER – 11 NOVEMBER 2020
✓ Do you agree that we all deserve peaceful lives, with peaceful minds, non-violent interactions, and without the horrors of war and conflict?
✓ Have you ever wondered how we can make this dream come true, step by step?
✓ Would you be ready to become one of brave young change makers who make the world a better place?
✓ Are you ready to meet amazing people from over 10 countries, make new friendships and get inspired by their ideas and projects?
If your answers are “yes, this is me!”, then…
…join our online course!!!
Apply if you are a resident of one of the following countries: Armenia, Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, North Macedonia, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine
THE TRAINING AND PROJECT IDEA IN A NUTSHELL
With the “Peace in Practice” project, we are ready to share our expertise with you, and support you in becoming a change maker for a more peaceful world!
The project aims at inspiring you to be and act as a multiplier/messenger of peace, and create a chain of follow-up actions for promoting and living peace on local, national and international level. It consists of several steps, including:
1. International online training course (30.10-11.11.2020);
2. Creation of a poster with “Peace every day” mind map – 100 ways to live peace in everyday life,
which will be available in numerous languages;
3. Local actions for peace organised by the training participants (November 2020 – March 2021).
Our first step – the “Peace in Practice” Training Course will allow you to:
– deepen your knowledge and understanding of the concept of peace and its different levels (intrapersonal, interpersonal, with nature),
– learn how to live peace and act for peace through small-scale actions that can be done even without big resources,
– get equipped with various peace-related tools and methods you can later use in your work and everyday life,
– be offered space for safe exchange of good practices, of inspiration, of sharing resources and ideas,
– plan a follow-up action to take place in your local community upon the course completion.
As in every SCI training, you will also meet nice people and be able to enjoy an international group of around 30 passionate volunteers and activists!
We believe that the TC will increase your self-confidence, make your work more efficient, and help you have a greater impact on your surrounding community and reality!
The course is free of charge thanks to the financial support by Movetia. What is more, thanks to the co-operation with the International Secretariat of SCI and the co-funding by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe, we can offer interested participants’ teams microgrants (of up to 1,200 euro) to implement local peace-related actions, to take place before 31 March 2021.
The project is intended for the following types of participants:
– youth workers with a strong interest in the topic of peace and its appliance in their work with young people,
– trainers and facilitators working with various target groups such as migrants, refugees and asylum seekers, (young) people with fewer opportunities, minorities, etc.,
– educators on the topic of peace and peace building,
– activists, enthusiasts, volunteers willing to learn more about peace and apply it in their actions.
What is the most important for us is your willingness to become a change maker – a multiplier in your local community, and a person promoting and willing to live peace in your everyday routine (on a personal and professional level).
The working language of the training is English. Ensure stable internet connection and a device with a web camera.
By participation in the project you commit yourself to organise a follow-up action in your local community / country upon the course completion. These can be e.g. a workshop, street action, online campaign, presentation, screening, peace caravan, discussion, workcamp, etc.
SCHEDULE OF THE “PEACE IN PRACTICE” ONLINE TRAINING COURSE
- We would love you to attend all the sessions. We understand, however, that sometimes it will not be possible due to other duties. Do your best not to miss more than 2 core sessions!
- Please note that most of the evening sessions are optional. It will be a space to learn and share in a relaxed evening environment!
- We foresee follow-up meetings for sharing and feedback on the local follow-up activity plan. You will choose one of the following days: Monday 16.11, Wednesday 18.11, Friday 20.11 for a meeting starting at 17:00 CET and lasting maximum 2 hours.
Service Civil International is the oldest voluntary peace movement in the world. This year, we celebrate our 100th anniversary! Our mission is to promote a culture of peace by organising international volunteering projects with local and global impact. We are present in 42 countries on 5 continents, and we cooperate with partners in almost all countries of the world. Read more here.
SCI Switzerland is the proud Swiss branch of Service Civil International with a very old tradition. In fact the founder of SCI, Pierre Cérésole, was Swiss! Get to know us here.
During 100 years of operation SCI has accumulated lots of expertise in peace building and community work, which had been recognised by a number of institutions, including UNESCO and the Council of Europe. And do you know that SCI was even nominated numerous times to the Nobel Peace Prize?!
MEET THE TRAINERS!
We are happy to announce that the training course will be facilitated by 3 experienced trainers and – at the same time – peace practitioners:
Natalie Jivkova, Bulgaria:
I am a trainer and facilitator, passionate about non-formal learning and ways to support the learning process and personal development and growth of youngsters and adults. I have been involved in SCI activities on a local and international level since 2002. Happy to meet you soon!
Gośka Tur, Poland:
I am a sociologist, trainer and educator, a certified member of the Polish Association of NGO Trainers and owner of Pracownia Interakcji training company. I love helping participants to learn, reflect and grow, and I’ve been doing it for more than 20 years now. I am a peace activist and since 2014 – the International President of SCI.
Loretta Scherler, Switzerland:
I have worked at SCI Switzerland since 2015 in communication, media work, volunteer management and trainings. I have had many travels and adventures in Europe, South America, India and South-East Asia, always with a huge interest in interculturality and exchange. With a M.A. degree in Social Anthropology, I have followed my passion and interest in other cultures, people and life in general.
You will be awarded with a training completion certificate, issued by Service Civil International.
Our working methods used will base on the principles of adult learning, creating a stress-free and motivating environment where our brains have the full capacity to learn. You will often work in smaller groups in order to achieve best results. All the methods will encourage active participation, creativity, initiative, and responsibility for one’s own learning process. For the online workshops, we will use ZOOM, with no user registration required. For good communication and cooperation, we will set up some online spaces where we will share materials, ideas, announcements and reminders.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you find yourself a suitable candidate for the course, please fill in the application form at https://forms.gle/NMHZsG5YbKWHq1548 by 17.10.2020, 23:59 CEST.
You will be notified of the selection results by 20.10.2020.
If you have any questions regarding the project, you can:
At the Q&A session you will be able to meet the project team and ask questions regarding the participation in the course and the follow-up phase.
See you hopefully at the Peace in Practice Training Course!!
Gośka, Loretta, and Natalie